Friday 14 November 2014

The Evolution of the Pocket Dragon?

Have you ever noticed how certain articles are always in the last place you look for them?

Lighters, pens, tweezers, sunglasses, scissors, knives, keys, chap stick, mitts, wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc... We're all had a similar experience; the more useful the innovation, the more likely it is to be missing when you really need it.

I have a pet theory which suggests that this is due to the fact that truly useful items, such as fire-starters, have been around human culture for so long that they have developed a kind of cursory self-awareness. It seems that this type of rudimentary intelligence often leads such objects astray, causing them wander of their own accord.

At least this is what I tell myself as once again I'm stumbling around my apartment in a futile attempt to locate what has become the familiar running gag of my missing pants.

http://siobhan68.deviantart.com/art/Pocket-Dragon-for-sale-409211874

No comments:

Post a Comment