Friday 13 February 2015

The kind of shit you get at the end of a long day in front of the monitor?

By no means a natural mathematician, I hardly even understand the meaning of the word equation. (Yes, that was an inside joke. Meaning, get it?) So when it comes to figuring out the arithmetic involved with re-creating chainmail weaves in CG 3D for tutorials the experience can be much like repeatedly bouncing one's head off a marble statue of Pythagoras. To compensate for my lack of knowledge I often create visuals to rationalize  ratios, (Yes, that was another inside joke . Rational numbers, get it?) but I admit the final result is more akin to an abstract digital flower garden than formulas for calculating ratios. I decided it might be a good idea to create a screen capture to help remind me of the relationships of diameter to radius and gauge when creating and recreating a CGI torus objects

Now that the missing link has fallen into place it's time to progress to the next stage of this project... Mwah-ha-ha!

Can you guess what all this mess is going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment